Henry Ford works on historical preservation project. McGuffey readers are seen. Sketch of Ford family farm in Springwells, Michigan. View of homestead at the farm, that Ford restores. He examines the farm's steam engine. The historic Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, Massachusetts, which Ford purchased to construct a community of historic buildings. View of the restored Botsford Inn,Detroit, Michigan, that Ford bought in 1924.View of Eagle Tavern, in Clinton, Michigan,before,and,after its purchase and restoration by Henry Ford. Concerned about need for additional buildings to house artifacts, Henry Ford consulting with Detroit architect,Robert O. Derrick (with mustache) and two other men. Derrick's plan for the Henry Ford museum is unrolled. It borrows from Independence Hall, Congress Hall, and the old City Hall in Philadelphia.Views of the Clock Tower and museum, as completed in 1929. A pictorial map of the Edison Institute Museum and Historical Greenfield Village, in Dearborn, Michigan. View of construction begun in 1927. Thomas A. Edison laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey, that Ford acquired for Greenfield Village. On a windy September 17, 1928, Thomas A. Edison steps from a car, and pauses before entering the doorway of his restored laboratory, in Greenfield Village. Henry and Mrs.Ford step from their car to quickly join him in the building.Edsel Ford and his wife, also follow. Inside the building, Edison officially open the site by starting a steam engine in the laboratory. Ford and Edison converse (Ford speaking close to Edison's ear, because he is hard of hearing). Later, Edison, in a cornerstone ceremony, imbeds, a shovel contributed by Luther Burbank, and then writes in cement of the cornerstone.Newspapers show coverage of the formal dedication of the museum and Greenfield village, October 21, 1929. Workers rushing the Village toward completion for that event. The Smithcreek Railroad depot is moved to the Village. Workers preparing installation of the depot.
Advertisement of a 1924 Ford Model T-Coupe car. The model is associated with Flexibility of usage. The car caters to all kind of drivers and all kind of work. All the qualities are illustrated in the advertisement. The ad is produced and distributed by Ford Motion Pictures Laboratories. 1924.
The advertisement of T-Coupe (a 1924 Ford model T car). Illustration is given regarding convenient service; availability of genuine Ford parts; fuel efficiency of the engine and light tires is given. The advertisement was made by Ford Motion Picture Laboratories. 1924.
The advertisement of a utility touring car by Ford. Functionalities like dash light, rear view mirror and wind shield wiper and different pockets in driver's compartment and on the rear seat are illustrated. The model shown is one of the 1924 Ford Model-T cars and advertised by Ford Motion Picture Laboratories. 1924.
Pan American Highway Commission delegates visiting the United States. Caravan of cars moves towards Detroit. Delegates gathered atop a building with a sweeping view of the Ford Motor Company River Rouge complex. The Commission members inspect an automobile factory. The group attends a baseball game during a break. Delegates sitting at Navin Field at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull avenue, watching a Detroit Tigers baseball game. Baseball players in action on the field
In Detroit Financial District, people in front of First State Bank Building at 751 Griswold at Lafayette in Detroit, Michigan. (The building was designed by Albert Kahn and Corrado Parducci, and later housed the Olde Discount Corporation). Interior of First State Bank Building, Detroit. Street view of First National Building under construction at 660 Woodward Avenue in Detroit (for First National Bank and other tenants). Automobile traffic on streets of Detroit. People leave Sweetest Heart of Mary, Roman Catholic Church, located on Russell Street at the corner of East Canfield avenue, in a historic Polish parish. (The neighborhood at the time was predominantely Polish.) In the distance is another Polish parish and Saint Josaphat Church located on East Canfield at the corner of Hastings Street (which is now the I 75 freeway). Heavy traffic on a main boulevard. Children play in playground on swings and slides. People and pigeons in a park. Heavy traffic on a street. Large crowd on shore and others in canoes in water at Belle Isle. Crowd streams through gate at dock to board the steamship ferry "Columbia" of the Detroit, Belle Isle and Windsor Ferry Company, with sign "Bob-Lo Route" on the side. Boblo Steamship SS Columbia (designed by Frank Kirby) filled with passengers underway on the Detroit River bound for Bob-Lo Island in Ontario Canada.