International exchange of CAP ( Civil Air Patrol ) cadets in Richmond, Virginia. Interiors of Fort Harrison as cadets look at a mock battlefield. An officer briefs the CAP cadets. A sign on mock up reads ' Fort Harrison captured September 29, 1864 by the federal 18th Corps ' .Another sign reads ' Fort Harrison confederate name , Fort Burnham Federal name'. Yet another sign reads ' Headquarters and museum, Richmond National Battlefield Park '. The cadets on a guided tour of the Fort Harrison. They come down a wooded stairway. The cadets point at a pamphlet. CAP cadets eat lunch in a picnic area while a female personnel drinks cola.
International exchange of CAP ( Civil Air Patrol ) cadets in Richmond, Virginia. An old man briefs CAP cadets at St. Johns Church. A stained glass window with an inscription that reads ' St. John's 1741'. The cadets look at the exteriors of the church. They look at the Virginia State Capitol. They move down the stairs with the Capitol in the background. The cadets look at a statue.
International exchange of CAP ( Civil Air Patrol ) cadets in Richmond, Virginia. A sign red ' Southern Biscuit Company, General Office'. CAP cadets come out of a doorway. The cadets on a guided tour of the company. A man briefs the cadets about the production process. The cadets watch cookies and other bakery products being made.
Buildings in Richmond, Virginia. A car is driven down Three Chopt Road (or Three Notch'd Road) in Richmond. View of the Country Club of Virginia (The CCV or Virginia Country Club) as seen from entrance driveway. Several large homes and estates in the Richmond area. Water gushes through spillways at a pumping station as a military guard stands by (slate indicates it is "Well guarded from German plotters" as footage is from World War I).
Elevated aerial views of buildings in the city of Richmond in the early 20th century. A street in the business district. Streetcars and automobile traffic on the street. People on a street in Richmond, Virginia. A sign on a building reads 'Kaufman Co. Millinery'. A policeman in a traffic control booth at an intersection. People at an outdoor florist shop in Richmond.
The R. E. Lee Camp No. 1, Confederate Soldiers Home Memorial Building is a National Historic Landmark, Civil War Historic site in Richmond, Virginia. Confederate Veterans who fought in America's Civil War pose outside 'Fleming Hall', the R.E. Lee Camp No. 1, Confederate Soldier's Home Museum building and headquarters. The next scene shows all the Camp's veterans assembled for the cleaning a civil war artillery cannon. 'Fleming Hall' can be seen in the distance on the left. It was established as the first Confederate Soldiers Home in December 1884. In the center distance is the 1885 'Pegram Hall' barracks, named to memorialize two brothers who were killed in battle. Behind the veteran in the next scene, is the meeting hall named 'Randolph Hall' on the left, which was built in 1885 and appears with 'Cooke Hall' barracks built in 1894. The latter has a two-story balcony used as first and second floor rocking chair porches, facing the Boulevard to the right. (The United Daughters of the Confederacy national headquarters now stands on the site, facing the Boulevard, where 'Cooke Hall', the 1893 'Soldiers Home hospital' and 'Pegram Hall' once stood.) The President Jefferson Davis Monument seen, is located on Monument Avenue. Confederate monuments and memorials grace each intersection throughout its entire length, to honor fallen Confederate officers, as prescribed in the code of the City of Richmond at the request of the Stonewall Jackson Camp Number 981, Sons of Confederate Veterans. Last segment shows Richmond's Star Fort number ten of the Inter-city-defenses that guard the left flank of old Deep Run Turnpike (now named Broad Street). The canon seen to the right behind the Star-fort breast works is the Monument Avenue landmark for the site that exists today just east of President Davis' Monument.