Glimpse in Winter, of Lake Huron bordering property of Harry Bennett, Director of the Ford Motor Company Service Department. Camera pans quickly to show his log cabin house in the woods. Next, he and three friends are seen roughhousing in the snow. Bennett starts throwing snowballs, and his friends continue the snowball fight near their parked cars (1934 Fords). Two women approach the cars. Next, his friends pummel Bennett with snowballs as he heads toward his parked car. He jumps inside it quickly and drives away, as they throw snowballs at his car. Meanwhile, as one of the women is getting into the back of a car, one of the men throws a snowball at her. He then goes quickly to brush snow away from her. Behind them another man begins to drive his car away. The two women seated on the back seat laugh. Snow is seen on inside of the open door. Camera pans over snow and then back to the other car driving away. (It is a 1934 Ford Fordor Sedan Deluxe with the optional Potter Trunk and the spare tire.) Closeup of Harry Bennet holding a snowball. Closeup of two women laughing in backseat of a car.
Henry Ford works on historical preservation project. McGuffey readers are seen. Sketch of Ford family farm in Springwells, Michigan. View of homestead at the farm, that Ford restores. He examines the farm's steam engine. The historic Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, Massachusetts, which Ford purchased to construct a community of historic buildings. View of the restored Botsford Inn,Detroit, Michigan, that Ford bought in 1924.View of Eagle Tavern, in Clinton, Michigan,before,and,after its purchase and restoration by Henry Ford. Concerned about need for additional buildings to house artifacts, Henry Ford consulting with Detroit architect,Robert O. Derrick (with mustache) and two other men. Derrick's plan for the Henry Ford museum is unrolled. It borrows from Independence Hall, Congress Hall, and the old City Hall in Philadelphia.Views of the Clock Tower and museum, as completed in 1929. A pictorial map of the Edison Institute Museum and Historical Greenfield Village, in Dearborn, Michigan. View of construction begun in 1927. Thomas A. Edison laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey, that Ford acquired for Greenfield Village. On a windy September 17, 1928, Thomas A. Edison steps from a car, and pauses before entering the doorway of his restored laboratory, in Greenfield Village. Henry and Mrs.Ford step from their car to quickly join him in the building.Edsel Ford and his wife, also follow. Inside the building, Edison officially open the site by starting a steam engine in the laboratory. Ford and Edison converse (Ford speaking close to Edison's ear, because he is hard of hearing). Later, Edison, in a cornerstone ceremony, imbeds, a shovel contributed by Luther Burbank, and then writes in cement of the cornerstone.Newspapers show coverage of the formal dedication of the museum and Greenfield village, October 21, 1929. Workers rushing the Village toward completion for that event. The Smithcreek Railroad depot is moved to the Village. Workers preparing installation of the depot.
Delegates of the Pan American Highway Commission present a gift after a month-long tour of the United States in 1924. Ceremony at the Pan American Union in Washington DC. Tablet is unveiled inscribed with the title 'Highway of Friendship', and presented as a gift to the Highway Education Board. The first line of the tablet reads, "Commemorative of the Official visit of the Pan American Highway Commission to the District of Columbia and the states of North Carolina, Kentucky, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey June 2 to July 3, 1924. The happiness and prosperity of the people of the United States have been greatly enhanced by your definite program of Highway education...." U.S. Secretary of State Frank B. Kellogg accepts the tablet and speaks to those gathered.
Advertisement of a 1924 Ford Model T-Coupe car. The model is associated with Flexibility of usage. The car caters to all kind of drivers and all kind of work. All the qualities are illustrated in the advertisement. The ad is produced and distributed by Ford Motion Pictures Laboratories. 1924.
The advertisement of T-Coupe (a 1924 Ford model T car). Illustration is given regarding convenient service; availability of genuine Ford parts; fuel efficiency of the engine and light tires is given. The advertisement was made by Ford Motion Picture Laboratories. 1924.
The advertisement of a utility touring car by Ford. Functionalities like dash light, rear view mirror and wind shield wiper and different pockets in driver's compartment and on the rear seat are illustrated. The model shown is one of the 1924 Ford Model-T cars and advertised by Ford Motion Picture Laboratories. 1924.