U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicates the new chapel at Georgia Warm Springs Foundation
Warm Springs Georgia USA Date:1938, March 28 Duration:36 sec Sound:Yes
U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicates the chapel at Georgia Warm Springs Foundation in Warm Springs, Georgia. Cars parked on the road side. President Roosevelt arrives at the new chapel and drives up footpath to the door. Closeup of license plate on the President's 1938 Ford convertible (with hand controls) reads 'Georgia FDR 1938'. Following the dedication service, the President is seen standing supported by door of his car, as he shakes hands with Rt. Rev. Henry J. Mikell, D.D., Bishop of Atlanta. Standing nearby are Rev. J.D.C. Wilson, Rector of St. Mark's Episcopal Church in LaGrange, Georgia, and FDR's neighbor and friend, and former owner of Warm Springs, Georgia Mustian Wilkins, who donated the funds for the chapel. Scene shifts to large group of polio victims, in wheel chairs. Closeup of President Roosevelt. Group of polio victims , in their wheel chairs, posing outside a Foundation building, with McCarthy Cottage and the E.T. Curtis Cottage in background.
This historic stock footage available in HD and SD video. View pricing below video player.
Have a correction or more info about this clip? Edit Now