Flight of Cierva C.8L autogiro (G-EBYY) from Croydon, United Kingdom to France, the first cross-channel flight by a rotating wing aircraft, on 18 Sep 1928. The pilot Juan de la Cierva and the editor of 'L Illustration' M Bouche stand near the 180 hp Lynx-powered autogiro. The men get into the autogiro. The pilot talks to spectators and photographers gathered around the autogiro. The autogiro takes off and is seen air-to-air over the channel. After the flight to St Inglevert, the autogiro later lands at Le Bourget airport, Paris (where it is now preserved at the Musee de l'Air). Men approach autogiro. The pilot sits on edge of cockpit of the autogiro.
This historic stock footage available in HD and SD video. View pricing below video player.
Have a correction or more info about this clip? Edit Now