Buildings in Richmond, Virginia. A car is driven down Three Chopt Road (or Three Notch'd Road) in Richmond. View of the Country Club of Virginia (The CCV or Virginia Country Club) as seen from entrance driveway. Several large homes and estates in the Richmond area. Water gushes through spillways at a pumping station as a military guard stands by (slate indicates it is "Well guarded from German plotters" as footage is from World War I).
Elevated aerial views of buildings in the city of Richmond in the early 20th century. A street in the business district. Streetcars and automobile traffic on the street. People on a street in Richmond, Virginia. A sign on a building reads 'Kaufman Co. Millinery'. A policeman in a traffic control booth at an intersection. People at an outdoor florist shop in Richmond.
The R. E. Lee Camp No. 1, Confederate Soldiers Home Memorial Building is a National Historic Landmark, Civil War Historic site in Richmond, Virginia. Confederate Veterans who fought in America's Civil War pose outside 'Fleming Hall', the R.E. Lee Camp No. 1, Confederate Soldier's Home Museum building and headquarters. The next scene shows all the Camp's veterans assembled for the cleaning a civil war artillery cannon. 'Fleming Hall' can be seen in the distance on the left. It was established as the first Confederate Soldiers Home in December 1884. In the center distance is the 1885 'Pegram Hall' barracks, named to memorialize two brothers who were killed in battle. Behind the veteran in the next scene, is the meeting hall named 'Randolph Hall' on the left, which was built in 1885 and appears with 'Cooke Hall' barracks built in 1894. The latter has a two-story balcony used as first and second floor rocking chair porches, facing the Boulevard to the right. (The United Daughters of the Confederacy national headquarters now stands on the site, facing the Boulevard, where 'Cooke Hall', the 1893 'Soldiers Home hospital' and 'Pegram Hall' once stood.) The President Jefferson Davis Monument seen, is located on Monument Avenue. Confederate monuments and memorials grace each intersection throughout its entire length, to honor fallen Confederate officers, as prescribed in the code of the City of Richmond at the request of the Stonewall Jackson Camp Number 981, Sons of Confederate Veterans. Last segment shows Richmond's Star Fort number ten of the Inter-city-defenses that guard the left flank of old Deep Run Turnpike (now named Broad Street). The canon seen to the right behind the Star-fort breast works is the Monument Avenue landmark for the site that exists today just east of President Davis' Monument.
Important buildings in Richmond, Virginia. Exteriors of the Governor's Mansion and the State Library on Capitol Square. Exteriors of the White House of the Confederacy. A downtown street as rain pours down. People get in a car on the street. Exteriors of the State Capitol. Exteriors of the City Hall.
Important buildings in Richmond, Virginia. Exteriors of the St. John Episcopal Church. A view of Soldiers and Sailors Monument. A guard outside an old house that served as the headquarters of Washington and Lafayette in a revolution.
The James River in Richmond, Virginia. A view of the falls of the James River. Tredegar Iron Works in the foreground. Smoke rises from stacks. A monument at Hollywood Cemetery. Two men walk across a field.