Film opens showing devastated snow-covered remains of Peterhof Palace and its fountains, in Leningrad, after the Russians ended the siege of that city in January, 1944 of World War II. The next scenes show crowds gathered on 25 August, 1946, to celebrate the newly restored fountains, which are seen spraying water again. (Narrator notes that Russians now call the place Petrodvorets, meaning Peter's Palace.) An official speaks, at the ceremony, about the architecture of Petrodvorets and its cultural masterpieces still to be restored. Glimpse of statuary and array of fountains. Closeup of several young women holding flowers. Another shot of the fountains spraying along both sides of a central pond, with spectators crowded along the extreme sides near lines of trees.
This historic stock footage available in HD and SD video. View pricing below video player.
Have a correction or more info about this clip? Edit Now
Be the first to correct or edit this clip's info! Edit Now